Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9th, 2011: Last Day at Home

    It took two van-loads to move me into my apartment this last September, and now I have two suitcases. Since I can't really drive my van to Spain, I'm limiting it to the essentials; meaning no wolf-shirt, no baseball hats, and sadly, no guitar. Apparently, Spaniards don't wear flip-flops or shorts, and Spanish students get dressed up for class, meaning my flip flops and shorts will scream 'American,' and my sweats and tank tops might need to stay at home on school days. My plane leaves tomorrow morning at 9 A.M. from SFO, and after an hour layover in Chicago, I'll be on my way to Madrid. Landing in Madrid sometime on Monday morning, I take a connector flight to a city called "Jerez de la Frontera."From Jerez, we'll hop onto a bus that will take us to Cadíz, where I'll be spending the first month of my year, for a language immersion program to help me with my classes in Barcelona. 
   Being one of the oldest cities in Europe, Cadíz sits in the South-West corner of Spain, on the Atlantic Coast, where it once served as a port city for ships entering the Mediterranean some 3,000 years ago.         
Cadíz, with the cathedral's iconic golden dome in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment